Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fort Harrison State Park

Here are my pictures of my hiking experience at Fort Harrison State Park on 6/15/12.  I think it was the longest hike I have every taken all on my own (approximately 4 miles total on a very hot day).  The challenges on this hike were the temperature in the high 80s, not knowing exactly where I was going or how long it would take, and sharing the trail with bikers (not many but the trail was narrow and it was up to me to step off to allow the bikers by).  The high points were the raccoons I spotted (or who spotted me), the Walnut Plantation, and now being more familiar with more of the state park.  Unfortunately, there are signs up saying the park plans to reconfigure the Lawrence Creek trail to make the trail better for multi-use.  I am afraid that means blacktop trails - losing the interaction of hills and the twists and turns of the trail.  Too bad.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/13795276@N08/sets/72157630160282928/


No comments: